For some of us, a day at the beach is special. We don’t get to go that often so when we get there, we want everything to go well, so we can get the most out of it. Especially if you are the parent of young children, you really don’t want to forget things because when they’re not happy, no one is happy. Here is a list of items to bring to the beach and a few things to do.
What to Take:
- Swimwear:How sad would it be if you went all that way and you couldn’t get in the water. Make sure you add it to the list of things you pack the day before you leave.
- Towels and Water-Resistant Sunscreen:These two are nearly as critical as the swimwear. And while you are at it pack some hats. That sun gets hot after a few hours.
- Books and Games:You shouldn’t stay in the sun the whole time. If you take a break it is nice to have something to pass the time with. Try to avoid using the phone.
- Fluids, Snacks: Bring along lots to drink if you are going to a place where they don’t have vendors. And while you are at it bring a bunch of healthy snacks too. But if you are going to be eating on the beach make sure that you bring back all the trash with you. Leave the area nicer than you found it.
What to Do:
- Whale watching:If you pick the right location, whale watching is the most memorable thing that you can do on a trip to the coast. It is entertaining and educational for the whole family. You must do your research. Not every place has whales, and not all year either, but you can go whale watching in Merimbula and If you go at the right time, just call ahead, and make sure.
- Snorkelling or Scuba: The ocean is beautiful, but the best part is beneath the waves. Find a good company that offers half-day trips, and you will be able to enjoy the surf, above and below. This is a great thing to do with the kids if they have adequate swimming skills
Whatever you do, make sure you bring along a positive attitude. The ocean is a wonderful tool for relaxation and stress relief. But you can spoil it all if you let little things get to you. Tell yourself, that this is a holiday, and nothing is going to get you down.